The Longford Hideaway Cottage is a very private and cozy one bedroom house with full kitchen and full bath, comfortably appointed to sleep two to four adults. The Cottage was built onto the side of an old plantation cistern, and stands separate from the Greathouse on the Longford Estate: home to ARTfarm, a working commercial organic vegetable farm, and also adjoining a cattle ranch, home of the gentle red Castle Nugent Senepol cows.
We originally built the Cottage near our house with the idea that it be a place for family visitors to have more independence.
Inside the Cottage
Your every convenience has been carefully thought out at Longford Hideaway. You will find the Cottage to be fully appointed; opening a kitchen cabinet finds complete pan and dish sets, a peek in the hall closet reveals a tidy organization of beach chairs, linens and basic cleanup tools.
The Cottage has air conditioning, but we prefer the more restful ceiling fans or simply letting the trade winds lull you to sleep with the sound of the ocean in your room.
Many of the original artworks you’ll find decorating the cottage are made by family members and other local Crucian artists.
We’ve surrounded the buildings at Longford with plantings, trees, orchids, covered deck areas, and patio furniture so you can maximize your enjoyment of the Caribbean weather. St. Croix is nearly always 85 degrees and sunny.
Eat in or out: inside at the dining table or kitchen counter, or have a barbeque on the gas grill and eat outside at the tables on the Cactus deck or the Pool deck!
Enjoy sunrises and moonrises over the gardens from the East deck and Pool deck.
- Tile floors and throw rugs.
- WIFI internet is available, most visitors have found it works best up on the pool deck!
- Twin and queen-sized beds
- Sliding pocket doors to living room
- Ceiling fan
- Mirrored closet with hangers and safe
- Shelves with books and board games
- Views of cactus garden, vegetable gardens, trees, pastures and hills
- Queen-sized pull-out couch
- Ceiling fan
- Mirrored closets
- Stereo with CD player
- Full size fridge/freezer
- Gas stove
- Microwave, toaster, coffeemaker
- Small dining table and chairs.
- Full tub/shower
- Linens provided.
POOL with DECK:
- Breezy, large shaded table/benches
- Lounge chairs
- Views of vegetable gardens, pastures, hills and the Caribbean Sea
- WIFI access
- Exclusively for guests of the Longford Hideaway Cottage and Greathouse
- South side shaded by flowering shrubs and plantings for privacy
- BBQ grill
- Small outdoor dining table with patio chairs
- Additional covered deck space on the east side catches the breeze and moon- and sun-rises.
10-15 minute walk through private lands to private BEACH.
10-15 minute drive to town/large supermarket.