The Longford Hideaway Greathouse is an historic Danish plantation home built in 1760 and completely renovated after Hurricane Hugo. A new kitchen was installed in 2013. The Greathouse sleeps 2-6 adults in three bedrooms. The Greathouse is accessed up a short flight of stairs (it is an historic building, unfortunately not wheelchair accessible).
Inside the Greathouse
Your every convenience has been carefully thought out at Longford Hideaway. You will find the Greathouse to be fully appointed; opening a kitchen cabinet finds complete pan and dish sets, a peek in the hall closet reveals a tidy organization of linens and basic cleanup tools.
The master bedroom is equipped with air conditioning, but we prefer the more restful ceiling fans or simply letting the trade winds lull you to sleep with the sound of the ocean in your room.
Many of the original artworks you’ll find decorating the Greathouse are made by family members and other local Crucian artists.
We’ve surrounded the buildings at Longford with plantings, trees, orchids, covered deck areas, and patio furniture so you can maximize your enjoyment of the Caribbean weather. St. Croix is nearly always 85 degrees and sunny.
Eat in or out: inside at the dining table or kitchen counter, or have a barbeque on the gas grill and eat outside on the large wraparound Gallery (tiled, covered porch)!
Enjoy sunrises and moonrises over the gardens from the wraparound Gallery and Pool deck.
- Mahogany plank and tile floors and throw rugs
- Completely furnished
- Linens provided, including beach towels
- Welcome basket with drinking water, bath soaps, laundry detergent, toilet paper and paper towels for two guests
- Cleaning service is included twice a week if needed: vacuum, sweep, dust, wash tile floors
- Complimentary WIFI internet is available in the house and up on the pool deck!
- Master bedroom with new king sized bed, private FULL BATH with tub, mirrored closets with hangers, sliding louvered doors, ceiling fan, mosquito netting.
- Second bedroom has queen sized bed, mirrored closets with hangers, sliding louvered doors, ceiling fan, mosquito netting.
- Third bedroom has full sized bed, wraparound windows, ceiling fan, mosquito netting.
FULL BATH with shower located off of third bedroom.
- sofa, easy chairs, coffee table, throw rugs
- small desk
- baby grand piano
- TV/DVD, stereo with CD
- Shelves with books and board games
- newly renovated
- tile floors
- full size fridge/freezer
- new gas stove and oven
- ceiling fan
FORMAL DINING ROOM with glass-topped mahogany table and chairs to seat up to ten.
- tile floor
- surrounded by shrubs and plantings for privacy
- BBQ grill
- outdoor dining table and chairs for six
- ceiling fan
POOL with DECK:
- Breezy, large shaded table/benches
- Lounge chairs
- Views of vegetable gardens, pastures, hills and the Caribbean Sea
- WIFI access
- Exclusively for guests of the Longford Hideaway Cottage and Greathouse
10-15 minute walk through private lands to private BEACH.
10-15 minute drive to town/large supermarket.